Predesign, architectural & interior design for a $2.6 million, 21,000 sf facility renovation. Taking care to preserve the original and vintage character of the 1930’s building, the design called for opening up spaces to introduce natural light into the interiors. The project was completed in three phases to accommodate budgetary and tenant needs. Structural repairs included increasing the structural capacity of the roof diaphragm, lateral bracing of walls, and a new roof assembly. While the interiors were completely updated, the redesigned space celebrates the building’s origins as a bakery and warehouse with high ceilings, exposed ductwork and polished cement floors. Repurposed materials include louvered panels reclaimed from another campus project that serve as partitions and solid doors transformed to conference tables. The new building is mobility-friendly, designed to be accessible by non-ambulatory individuals. While not presented for LEED® credentialing, energy efficient improvements exceed required LEED® standards.